Thursday, April 6, 2017

First approaches towards getting silicates out of TSC model parameters

So. I'm interested in getting silicon measurements out of my SED models.

I wrote down two approaches in my notebook, for transcription here. For some context: The SED-generating models I'm looking into are consisting of some parameters like this:



  • Version "zero" is to not even assume a gas-to-dust ratio. Version 0 is "take the total mass of the disk/envelope model inside of a relevant radius, assume that *all* the mass is apportioned among elements along cosmic abundance ratios, and take the Si directly from that."
  • Version 1:
    • Assume a gas/dust ratio* (by mass?) within the envelope/disk model.
    • For the dust component of that mass, assume a composition distribution following some vaguely credible reference (e.g. Poteet 2015), and figure out what fraction of the dust mass is in silicon atoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment